Ovation Lamb Loin
Recipe by Marc Soper
- 1 packet Ovation Lamb loins ( there are 4 x 180-200g pieces per packet)
- Canola oil as req
- Flaky sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 ½ cups Frozen baby peas
- 4 Tbsp Yuzu infused Olive oil
- 1 tsp Wasabi paste
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt to taste
- 12 x Pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- ¼ Cup Red grapes, sliced thinly
- 6 x Whole anchovies, sliced thinly
- 6 x Sundried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp, tea soaked Sultanas ( sultanas soaked in earl grey tea till plump)
- 15 x Hazelnuts toasted and peeled, crushed coarsely
- 1 x shallot, diced fine
- 15 x Large leaves fresh mint, sliced thinly
- ½ Orange, juice of
- Olive oil as req
- Flaky salt and cracked black pepper to taste
To make the salsa place everything except the orange juice, olive oil and seasoning into a suitable bowl, making sure the sultanas are drained before adding. Mix well together, add orange juice and olive oil to combine to bring mixture together. Season to taste.
Make the crushed peas by heating up in boiling water and draining, blending quickly in blender to smash the peas up, add wasabi paste and the yuzu olive oil. Season with flaky salt and honey and serve at room temperature.
To prepare the lamb you need to place lamb on a piece of cloth to dry. Roll in olive oil and coat with smoked paprika, sea salt and a sprinkle of cracked pepper. Heat a fry pan till very hot and place the lamb in the pan, sear on one side for 1-2 minutes and turn over and place into a pre heated oven at 180 degrees C for 7-9 minutes till medium rare and remove to a chopping board and let rest before slicing.
Serve the sliced lamb on a bed of crushed peas, sprinkle over the salsa serve with fresh salad or green beans Yum!!