- 12 Quality Mark Ovation lamb cutlets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 11/2 - 2 cups dry white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- oil for frying
Paired with a warm salad we think this is the perfect light meal that won’t have you slaving away hours in the kitchen.
- lemon wedges
- warm salad of green beans, peas, fresh mozzarella and herbs ( sweet marjoram or oregano leaves)
Place the flour on a plate, the breadcrumbs on another and the egg mixture in a shallow bowl. Stir the almonds and parsley through the breadcrumbs and season.
Coat each cutlet in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the egg mixture, then place in the breadcrumbs. Gently pat down on each side, ensuring that the cutlets are well coated. Place on a large plate as you go.
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to just cover the base of the pan. As soon as the oil is hot (test oil is hot by dropping in a few crumbs – they should sizzle in the hot oil), add half of the lamb cutlets and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown, then turn and cook for a further 1 minute until golden brown. Remove, drain on crumpled kitchen paper. Repeat with remaining lamb cutlets.
Serve lamb cutlets with lemon wedges and a warm salad of green beans, green peas, fresh mozzarella and picked sweet marjoram or oregano leaves.
Watch the video