- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika 1 tsp dried oregano ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp onion salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1-1 & ½ kg GREENLEA Brisket
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups good quality liquid beef stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 400g tin of beans, drained and rinsed.
- Optional – Chipotle or tobacco sauce
- Corn chips
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Avocado or guacamole
- fresh coriander
- Lime wedges
Mix the herbs and spices in a small bowl before rubbing all over the brisket. Allow to stand for 30 minutes before placing in a slow cooker or oven dish (with lid). Pour over stock and cook in the slow cooker on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours or in the oven at 140C for 5 hours.
When the beef is tender and the meat is falling apart shred using two forks.
Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, add the tomato paste and cook for another minute or two then add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Add the shredded beef along with 1 cup of the cooking liquid and the beans. Check and adjust the seasoning. If you like things spicy you may want to add some chipotle or tobasco sauce at this point. Simmer for 10-15 before serving with all the nacho trimmings.