- 500 g diced Greenlea beef
- 3 tbs lemongrass paste
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tbs soft brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cm piece of ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)
- ½ tsp five spice powder
- 500 ml Restore beef bone broth
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 3 tbs fresh lemon or lime juice
- 150 g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup carrot (grated or julienned)
- 1 cup cucumber (grated or julienned)
- 1 red capsicum (deseeded and thinly sliced)
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- A large handful of herbs: mint, coriander, Vietnamese mint (chopped)
- 2 limes or 1 lemon (cut into wedges )
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
To a large mixing bowl, add the lemongrass paste, tomato paste, oil, soft brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and five-spice powder. Mix to combine into a smooth paste. Add diced beef and mix to coat evenly.
Heat a heavy bottomed pot or frying pan to high heat. Once hot, add diced beef and sear on high heat for 5 minutes, turning as needed to brown evenly. Add Restore beef bone broth and fish sauce to the pot/pan and bring to a simmer.
If using a frying pan, transfer to an oven safe dish (with lid). Cover with lid and braise in oven at 160°C for 1 hour and 30 minutes until the meat is tender. Remove from oven and stir through with fresh lime or lemon juice. Season to taste.
While beef is cooking, boil rice vermicelli noodles for 2 minutes. Drain the hot water, flush with cold water until cool and drain in a colander. Reserve.
To assemble the salad, arrange the rice vermicelli noodles onto a large platter and top with shredded vegetables. Add the braised beef and drizzle all over with sauce. Scatter with fresh herbs and bean sprouts.