- 1 Tbsp chopped mint
- 3 gloves garlic-finely chopped
- 50 ml olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp Salt
- black pepper to taste
- 250 ml thick unsweetened yoghurt
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic-finely chopped or microplane
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 lemon-juice of
- 3 tbsp honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 c freekeh
- ¼ c chopped flat parsley
- ½ c torn mint leaves
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp preserved lemon-fine diced
- 100gm pomegranate seeds
- 3 red chilis- thinly sliced-seeds removed
- 100gm red radish-thinly sliced
Simmer freekeh gently in 3 cups water with 1 tsp salt for around 20 minutes until tender. Drain and cool.
Mix together the marinade and spread over lamb, leave for 20-30 minutes then grill or pan-fry on a medium to high temperature for around 3 minutes on each side-medium rare. Rest for at least 5 minutes before carving.
For the tahini yoghurt, stir all ingredients together and season to taste, same for the lemon dressing.
For the salad cut the cucumber into ribbons and mix with the cooled freekeh, herbs, chili, radish, preserved lemon and pomegranate, dress with the lemon dressing, top with thinly sliced lamb and drizzle with tahini yoghurt.