- 1 whole Greenlea beef eye fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 12 fresh oysters in their shell
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, very finely diced
- 1 bulb fresh fennel, very finely sliced
- 1 telegraph cucumber, very finely sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Preheat your BBQ to smoking hot and the oven to 200ºC. Remove any remaining sinew from the beef with a sharp knife. Season the eye fillet generously with salt and pepper, then sear all sides on your BBQ.
Once a nice crust has formed on the beef transfer it to a roasting dish and place it into the oven to finish cooking. Cook the meat, 25 minutes for rare (55ºC inside), 30 minutes (60ºC inside) for medium rare, 35 minutes (70ºC inside) for medium, 40 minutes (70ºC or above) for well done. Remove the meat from the oven, cover with tin foil and a tea towel, allow to rest for at least 15 minutes. To serve, cut into generous slices.
Whilst the meat is cooking assemble the salad in a serving dish. Prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Dress the salad at the last minute.
Arrange the oysters on ice and serve with the red wine vinegar and shallot mixed together in a small shallow dish with a spoon.