- 500-600g Quality Mark rump steak, cut in 0.5cm strips
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass or ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ cup sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely
- chopped or ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut cream
Mix together the lemongrass or ginger, curry powder, sweet soy sauce and olive oil. Pour over the meat, toss well to coat and marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
Thread about 3-4 strips onto well-soaked bamboo skewers. BBQ or pan-fry over a high heat for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally until golden and medium to medium-rare.
For the Satay Sauce
Cook the garlic, onion and chilli in a dash of oil for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter and coconut cream and warm through.